While in the High Country, be sure to dine at the Gamekeeper Restaurant in Boone, North Carolina!
When frequent visitors and locals hear the word Gamekeeper, they automatically think country classic cooking meets gourmet. The Gamekeeper Restaurant in Blowing Rock North Carolina creates unique dishes with tasty flavors that features a wild game gone gourmet. Their one-of-a-kind seasonal dishes have caught the attention of many who are familar with the High Country, so if you haven’t already been—don’t miss out on your chance!
Its All Fair Game…Really:
We all know that a good chef can prepare just about anything and when it comes to Gamekeeper—that definitely applies here. Here are some of the meats that you might see during the year:
- Beef (of course, for the less adventurous)
- Squab (young pigeon)
Good To Know:
- All the meats are humanely farm raised
- The ingredients for the dishes are sourced locally
- The portions are generous, which is not always the case with gourmet food
Fun Facts About the Gamekeeper Restaurant in Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- The restaurant site was once a girls’ camp known as Camp Yonahlossee
- Post girls’ camp, the site became a country club called the Yonahlossee Resort and Club
- Gamekeeper was the first restaurant in the area to embrace that local food is the only way we should eat
3005 Shulls Mill Road
Boone, North Carolina